Location: Oakland, California (Easy Access to BART, AC Transit and the freeway)
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Accounting
Position Type: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt (2 days per week, flexible)
The Successful Candidate
Thrive Networks is looking for dynamic team members who are passionate about international development.
Thrive Networks is seeking to fill a part-time Accountant position with a highly qualified, dynamic, motivated candidate. The Accountant will report to the Director of Accounting.
Thrive Networks creates sustainable and catalytic solutions to difficult development problems. Our mission statement is to transform the health, education and communities of disadvantaged people in Asia by building partnerships, developing opportunities and creating sustainable solutions.
Working for Thrive Networks means joining a dedicated, diverse staff committed to delivering innovative, cost-effective programs for disadvantaged communities in Asia. We strive to provide our employees with productive working conditions and to help them derive a sense of fulfillment from their jobs.
- Assist with the month end close
- Prepare journal entries
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Prepaid Accounts
- Record vendor invoices
- Record all check donations in donor management software (Network for Good)
- Generate and mail donor gift acknowledgement letters
- Donor database clean up
- Other admin task: answering the phone, filing, mailing and shipping
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 1 year experience in accounting or bookkeeping, nonprofit experience a plus
- High level of personal and professional integrity. Strong work ethic, superb time management, ability to work independently with a great attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with accounting software, Blackbaud’s Financial Edge a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Desire to work for an organization promoting sustainable development in Asia.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Technically adept and ability to learn new software quickly
- Comfortable working in a small office
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing
your interest in our organization to email@example.com. Job applications must include: “Job Posting – Accountant” in the subject. All other applications will not be reviewed.
Thrive Networks is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring.